Ring Care and Cleaning
How to clean your ring:
Silver naturally tarnishes over time. With a little effort, you can preserve the beauty of your silver ring by polishing it once a month, or as necessary. Popular methods of cleaning include silver polishing cloths found in supermarkets, hardware stores or jewelry shops. Polishing creams or liquids may be required to remove moderate to heavy tarnishing. Ensure that only a small amount of polish is used on the ring’s surface, avoid soaking the gemstones in polishing compounds as these may permanently damage their clarity. Such compounds will also remove any and all oxidized backgrounds from your ring. DO NOT apply the polish directly onto the ring, but rather onto a clean, soft piece of polishing cloth.
Proper care of your ring:
- Avoid contact with abrasive soaps, cleaning agents, chemicals, perfumes, hair sprays and/or dyes.
- Do not rub silver jewelry with abrasive cloths and/or scouring pads. Sterling silver scratches easily.
- Avoid exposing your ring to heat and sunlight for prolonged periods.
- Remove your ring before engaging in intense physical activities such as sports.
- Store your ring in a cool, dry place, preferably in an air-tight bag or a soft piece of cloth.
- Avoid contact with chlorinated or saltwater or bleach as they can adversely affect your ring’s finish.